Thursday, January 3, 2013

Trying not to get down. Fitspiration for Me

So I'm going on almost TWO WEEKS of having to basically sit still all day long.  I'm about to scream.  Or cry.  Or pull my hair out.

First I had a pulled muscle in my back.  After a week of sitting, I felt healed, so I did some squats.  Just a few each time I got up to use the bathroom.... and by that evening, I was in AGONY.  I had apparently strained something.  That was last Friday.  Now its Thursday and I'm STILL stuck in this recliner.  I still need help getting out of it!

In addition to sitting around all day, I can't even sleep in my own bed.  I've been crashing on the couch because our memory foam mattress is too... 'clingy' and it is nearly impossible for me to roll over or even get out of bed without intense pain.

So, I sit here, knowing that the small amount of time I was able to spend in the gym before this is just fading away and I'm going to have to start over.

My biggest challenge, as usual, is trying to stay positive and not beat myself up.

I think that will be my biggest challenge throughout this whole journey.  Even more so than giving up the sugar and alcohol, even more than sticking with the fitness aspect.  Just staying positive, not beating myself up and picturing myself as a worthy, capable person.

(source) Christine Case
Christine Case's transformation story really stood out to me!  I need to post this woman's photo and quotes in my house!  Look at her!!!  She is amazing!

So, I've been keeping up by learning even more about fitness, reading everything I can get my hands on, making a workout plan and putting a lot of planning into action.

Share with me... what motivates you!

Next week I will be well enough to upload my first healthy cooking video.  Let me know what type of recipes you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment