Monday, December 24, 2012

Day #8-9 of my Awesome Transformation: OUCH!!! Sidelined!!!

Damn it!

Good News:  As of this morning, the Scale is moving DOWN!  I need to weigh at the gym to be sure, but my (somewhat out of whack) scale at home is down more than 5 pounds since last Monday!!!  I actually can't wait to measure tomorrow!

Bad News:  I was tooling around yesterday, being productive around the house.  I almost had the laundry caught up and I was in on my bed, pulling off the fitted sheet... I had just stepped up on the mattress and K came up behind me to scare me, just as I pulled and twisted just *wrong* and I felt a 'pull' in my back.


At the time I thought, "oops, that is going to hurt!" but I had NO IDEA how bad it was going to be. OUCH.  HOLY SHITBALLS!!!  

Last night I sat in my freezing cold room with an ice pack on my back for two hours and it was still hurting.

This morning I could barely get out of bed it hurt so bad.  Walking, sitting, standing, adjusting myself on the couch = HUGE AMOUNTS OF PAIN.  Damn it.

So much for working out.  Before I actually tried to move this morning, I was thinking, "Oh, I can still go to the gym, I'll just work out my shoulders and arms or something.  I'll just avoid using my back/core.  Um... No.  I feel a huge strain on my back doing ANYTHING.  &#$(@*^&)@#^$%#&@_$#  I was doing SO WELL.

Surely this will be better SOON, right?  I really wanted to enter the www.bodybuilding.com contest for body transformations.  I guess you can enter between now and January 31... I want to do this.  You don't have to buy anything to enter, so why not?  I could use the extra motivation!!!  Now, to see if Patrick is up for helping me *that* much!

What do you do for motivation?  What do you do to get past an injury?  I'm trying not to beat myself or be frustrated with myself for being so easily injured.  This is the last year that I am going to let myself be weak and out of shape.  From here on out, I am going to be the "Beast" that my son thinks I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment