Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tasty Tuesday! Two Versions of "Clean Eating" Homemade Bread

Today I made two versions of homemade bread for you to try.

As I said in the video, I am completely off of grains at the moment.  I've found that wheat and I don't agree.  It seems to have a detrimental effect on my health and my weight, so I am giving it up.  My family very much enjoys it, though, so this makes for an easy way to make "just enough" bread for a meal so there aren't leftovers or extras to tempt me with!

One is super easy, its the "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day" recipe.  You just mix it up, then store it lightly covered in the refrigerator.  Each day, when you're ready for fresh bread, you pull out enough for a loaf or a roll, let it rise and bake it!  I strongly recommend this book if you like bread or your family enjoys homemade bread, it has TONS of information, variations and troubleshooting for issues you may have.  It is a fabulous book for bread lovers.

The other recipe is my own adapted version from on of the breads that I grew up making.  It involves some kneading, and it comes out with a slightly different texture.  Try both and let me know which one you like best!

Here is the video "How to Make Home Made Bread in Five Minutes a Day PLUS a Bonus Recipe"



Next up?  Lasagna!

Coming up soon:  
My favorite Slow Carb/Paleo recipes and food prep day ideas to make healthy cooking for one (or two) easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment