Monday, January 28, 2013

Day #16: Back & Biceps Adding New Workouts, More Weights...

Day #16:  Back & Biceps  Adding New Workouts, More Weights...

I have to admit I'm feeling a little discouraged from time to time.  I know that I'm improving, but its kind of depressing at the same time that I can't SEE anything.  Then again, yes, I actually can feel a difference when I put on my jeans.  My belly is definitely less... bloated.  I think its that time of the month again, so I'm just feeling extra sensitive to everything.  I HAVE lost weight, but even losing 6-8 pounds and I'm still heavier than I've been before 2012.  It is really difficult for me to adjust to being this big.  I am struggling with feeling *good* about my progress... although I do vacillate between being totally thrilled that my muscles hurt and I know that I'm pushing myself and then feeling like I'm not doing ANYTHING.

Have I mentioned that I'm a teensy bit of a drama queen?  

And I might (just might) be a little bit black & white in my thinking.  


I MUST keep this in mind!!!
And in my case, I think I'm harder on myself, so much so that I might not even notice before friends do!

But, I've managed to NOT pig out, to NOT get chocolate and instead I've stuck with my gym workouts.  I've managed to still keep tracking on my google drive document, and it feels great to see my improvements over even just a few weeks.


I'm planning on keeping this weightlifting workout and adding just a little, increasing my weight gradually.

My thoughts for Phase Two is as follows (not necessarily in any order):
  1. Back, Biceps & Abs
  2. Legs & Abs
  3. Shoulders, Chest & Triceps
  4. Full Body Workout (Tabata Style)
  5. Rest Day
  6. Full Body Workout (Choose one from my Pinterest Board)
  7. Rest Day
I am also adding a daily challenge for myself in February.  My goal is to get myself moving in short spurts throughout the day, rather than letting myself get used to sitting on my ass all day before a nice hard workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment