Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day #8 Workout: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

YES!!!  Its GYM DAY AGAIN!  I can't believe how excited I am to get to the gym.  I've done weight lifting in the past before, but I am so easily bored, that I didn't stick with anything consistently.  Another note:  Had I been keeping track of my workout, I know it would have been much easier to stick with it.

**Sunday WEIGH IN:  203 1/2!!!  I've Lost 6 1/2 pounds!

As it was, every time I went to the gym, I would be trying to remember how many reps I did and at what weight.  Now I have everything written down in a google doc.  I print it out (or Patrick pulls it up on his phone).  That way I can see instantly if I am at the same weight or going even higher.  It has been motivating for me just knowing that in a few weeks I'll be able to look back and see a marked improvement!

I can't recommend this enough!  No matter where you're starting, you'll soon see an improvement!  For me, seeing the improvement, be it in my weight, my lifting, my cardio, my measurements, is the BIGGEST motivator to KEEP GOING!!!

My first workout
And one week later: (I was able to increase my weight in some exercises, and add additional workouts to my schedule as well.  PROGRESS!)

What do you use to keep track of your workouts?  I signed up for some apps and online trackers, but in the end, I like my little spreadsheet in googledocs.  I love technology, but when it comes to tracking, I just like a pencil and paper better... I like making my own forms, my own spreadsheets, etc.

Anyway, I was able to up my weight a little in some areas... and that felt awesome!  I went to bed sore and happy!  I forgot to measure today, but I'll do so first thing in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment