Monday, January 21, 2013

Day #9 Workout: Back & Biceps

Back & Biceps

Today was back and biceps.  Patrick and I are struggling to workout together.  With two boys working, one in basketball, and neither of them with a license for another 6 weeks, we have some interesting times trying to both get to the gym together.

I like the fact that I thought to note how I was feeling the first week.  I didn't do that as much this week, mainly because I was raring to go!  I really need to track that, too, just so I don't look back and think it was all *work work work*, but I was actually excited to go!


Again, I was able to add in a couple more exercises and a little more weight onto my last workout.  I am still trying to be very careful of my back, though, so I'm not pushing too hard on anything that I feel pulling at my lower back.  I'm very happy with my progress, though, for only being on week 2!  

I KNOW that I would have never thought to start at the weights I did in week two, if I hadn't had week #1 numbers right in front of me!


Again, I can't stress it enough, TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS!!!  Even if you're just writing them in a notebook, track them, and look back every time you go to the gym so that you can push yourself when you can and you'll see progress.  I guarantee you, its far more motivating than just going and working out and hoping to see some results in the mirror.  You'll see results much faster on paper and that will give you hope for seeing future changes in YOU!  

What do you track when it comes to progress?  Weights?  Cardio Workouts? Flexibility?  The scale?  Measurements?  Body Fat %?

No comments:

Post a Comment