Thursday, January 31, 2013

Rest Day! Planning Ahead: Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail


Today I made up my at-a-glance calendar for February as well as taking the time to make up a google doc to keep track of my daily workouts (which are 95% from Jamie Eason's 12 Week Trainer, Phase 2)
I'm going to work out a shopping list and meal/snacks list as well so that I make sure I always have food on hand.  Although I am sticking pretty closely to Paleo, there are some aspects of Tim Ferris' "Slow Carb" as well (I add beans and lentils, because honestly my budget can't keep me full with JUST meat) AND I have at least one meal replacement shake a day as well, mainly because I can't afford to buy as much organic food/nutrients as I get in my shakes.)

Eating Enough:  I think I need to track my calories at least one week out of each month to make sure that I'm eating enough.  I think that I'm not getting enough calories each day... but, I am eating healthy, so that is still progress!

Here is the "Google Drive" Document that I use to track my daily workouts, weight, sets and reps.  I actually print it out and take it to the gym with me and then I input the numbers when I get home.  That way I can see at a glance how my levels of fitness and strength are improving over time.  Yeah, I'm a little OCD, but this is the best way for me to see continued progress.  I am the type that needs to SEE continued progress so that I can stay motivated to continue.

Here is a clip to see the chart I linked to above.  I like this format because I can type in the first weeka nd just cut and paste for the remaining weeks.  I also save a blank copy of this workout for sometime in the future when I want to go back through this routine again.



No comments:

Post a Comment