Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Workout Day #2

I'm updating my workouts a day late, since we seem to end up working out in the evenings, all I want to do when I get home is have a nice hot bath and then curl up with a book.

Yesterday was odd.  I had slept well the night before, but I still felt tired.  Probably because I took 2 of the sleeping pills instead of the 1 that kept me up the night before.  I'm trying out a new sleep supplement, Dreamweaver, since I have pretty severe insomnia.  The Dreamweaver lives up to its name.  I feel like I am finally sleeping deeply enough to dream... and dream I do.  A LOT.

Anyway, by about 1:00 yesterday afternoon, I had a raging headache.  I don't know if my neck is out or this is just a fun little way of my body rebelling because it would rather sit around being a lazy ass at this point.  I took some pain reliever at noon, but by 1:00, my head was still killing me, so I went to lie down.  My hubby turned on the fan so that I would fall asleep... even though I was protesting that I just needed to close my eyes for a minute.

Two hours later, I woke up in somewhat of a daze.  My head ache was gone, though, so who was I to complain.

I have to admit, I'm still feeling edgy and overly sensitive to everything.  In other words, I'm being a bitch.  I know this is a side effect of no longer drinking, but damn, its hard to see anything rationally.  Everything my husband says pisses me off.  Everything he DOESN'T say pisses me off and leaves me feeling lonely and unsupported.  I know some of this is irrational thinking on my part and some of it is him trying to figure out the right way to respond (and his go to default is, "don't say anything that might piss her off")... its more of a workout getting through my own emotional landmines than it is to haul my ass to the gym.

I am seriously more frustrated with myself than anything else.  Remembering my level of fitness even one year ago, its so depressing to me that I can't even do cardio for more than 10 minutes.

Anyway, this was my workout:

Day 2
1/14/2013
Time  
Cardio Recumbent Bike 10 min @5 resistance (I could have went longer, but we were out of time)
Back/Biceps
High Lat Pulldowns 50x14 60x12 60x14
Dumbbell Rows 10x12 12x12 12x12
Front Lat Pulldowns 40x12 50x12 50x12
Preacher Curl 30x12 25x12 25x12

No comments:

Post a Comment