Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day #4 Workout: Super Sets Upper Body!

Whoo HOO!!!  Today was one of those days when having my husband there as my 'trainer' came in really handy.  I think.  He kicked my ass.  Of course I may not be able to lift my arms tomorrow to lift my ass out of bed, so maybe I should withhold judgement as to how awesome he is.  He pushed me really hard today.  He knows me well enough to know that I need to see some changes, soon, and I need to feel that I worked out.

My workout journal comment was, "Felt FANTASTIC, but shaky as hell when leaving the gym.  Holy crap.  I did a lot of those to complete failure.  I am going to FEEL this tomorrow!"

If I had a smart phone, this would have been me:
Photo Credit

Day 4
1/16/2013
Time 1:55-3:20 
Cardio Recum. Bike 40 minute interval 2-5
Arms:  Supersets
Preacher Curl 12x12ea 12x12ea 12x12ea
Close Grip Bench Press 30x12 30x12 40x12
Dumbbell Curls 12x12 12x12 12x12
Lying Dumbbell Ext 12x12 12x12 12x12
Incline Dumbbell Curls 12x12 12x10 12x6
Pushdowns (dips) 140asst.x12 160asst.x12 135asst.x12

In other words, I'm going to be flopping around like a fish out of water come tomorrow morning.  It ought to be lovely.  Come to think of it, I bet that would make for a fantastic workout vlog post.  I could get my girls to film me trying to get out of bed without working arms (my mattress is on the floor, so it kind of requires arms, especially with a gimpy back!)

Oh well, tomorrow is a REST DAY, so all I will be expected to do is stretch and drive my kids to their different classes/jobs/etc.  I'm good with that.  As long as I can life my arms enough to steer.  I don't know how much I bet on that, since I shaved my arm pits as soon as I got home, just in case I can't lift my arms for a few days starting tomorrow.  They didn't even NEED it!  That's how paranoid I am!

What did you work out today?

No comments:

Post a Comment