Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day #7 of my Awesome Transformation: New Workout Partners

Saturday, Day #7

Family Stuff
Today was an impromptu day.  My husband and my 16 year old were working all day.  A friend called and invited the two girls to hang out with her and some kids at another friends' house.  That left my oldest son and I home alone.

My 17 year old son is the biggest softie "mamma's boy" ever (he says when your mom is as much of a beast as his is, there is no shame in being a mamma's boy:) and loves one on one time.  I love spending time with him as well, he's a great conversationalist and we discuss everything under the sun.  So, of course, when he offered a day out, I jumped at the chance!  He's 17 and will be driving and dating soon... and even graduating and moving on with his own life.  You bet I'm taking every opportunity I get to spend time with him now!

We checked out the cheap theater and went to see "Here Comes the Boom"... it was light and fun, we both like Kevin James a lot, so it was a nice movie.  Then we went to Compadres and shared some chips and fajitas.  I shouldn't have had ANY chips, but I was completely NOT thinking.  I have to admit, I probably had 8-10 chips before my brain went, "HEY!  Stop eating those!"  Then I had the fajita fillings with some beans and no tortilla while Kainan scarfed down at least three, stuffed to the brim fajitas.  Oh, to have a teenager's metabolism again!

After that we headed home, stopping to pick up J at work.  We came home to Patrick laying on the couch looking like death warmed over.  He was "NOT SICK" but... yeah, he was.

The Workout:
So, since my personal trainer was under the weather, I took the boys to the gym with me.  It was almost as motivating as having Patrick there to kick my butt.  Both of the boys are SO competitive that they motivated me to keep going.  I made them warm up with me on the elliptical for 15 minutes, then we hit the weights.  Showing them proper form and counting through the bicep curls, hammer curls, barbell curls, standing tricep pull downs and pull ups (not sure what they're technically called:) and then 15 minutes of planks, push ups, tricep push ups and superman exercises felt awesome. 

I'm looking forward to another workout with them tomorrow while Patrick rests!

No comments:

Post a Comment