Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day #4: Part Two: Late Night Workout

Because of our schedules yesterday, we didn't have the opportunity to go to the gym until 9:30 last night.  Since Patrick gets up as early as 5:30 in the morning, I didn't expect to get to the gym.  He surprised me by coming home and getting ready to go.

We went to the gym at 9:30 and I hit the elliptical for 20 minutes for a warm up.  I felt fine, but my HR is still getting higher than he likes it.  Then he had me rest to see what my heart rate recovery was.  These are his notes:

20 Min Cardio on Eliptical.  HR @ end of cardio *after a cool down 156.  HR @ end of 3 Min rest 126.  Need to improve HR Recovery rate.

Front Raise @ 8 Lb @ 20 reps, three sets
Lateral Raise @ 5 lb @ 20 reps, three sets
Lateral shoulder abduction on cable machine @ 15 lb @ 20 reps, two sets
Front Pull-down (opposite of lateral raise) on cable machine @ 45 lb @ 20 reps, two sets.

Plank on hands to failure.  1 min rest. Plank on elbows to failure.  1 min rest.

Leg raise w/ hands under lower back - 10 raises followed by hold for 30 count, 10 more raises followed by hold for 30 count, alternating leg raises (scissors) @ 20 count, hold heels off floor to failure.

Hip raise with feet on Bosu ball to failure.

Side leg lifts x 20 followed by hold for 45 seconds, both sides.

Reverse flies on 45 degree stand, 20 @ 8 lb followed by 20 @ 5 lb

Front flies on cable machine @ 30 lb to failure (about 35 or so).

Stretch.

(I wish I had the time on the planks and hip raises, although I'm sure my planks were totally pathetic.  I can not believe how much strength and aerobic fitness I've lost.  Its a little depressing)

My legs were cramping up a lot during the hip raises and the leg lifts, but I managed to get through it.  I'm surprised that I'm not more sore this morning.

Alcohol:  Still NO cravings.  What the hell?  I've apparently hit that perfect mind/body/diet connection and things are going so much more smoothly!  Whoo Hoo!!!  This is significant and I'm very very VERY happy about this change!  Read more about alcohol's affect on your metabolism/cheat day/leptin levels.

Anyway... onto today, December 20, 2012, Day #5 of my Awesome Transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment