Monday, December 17, 2012

First Day at the Gym

After almost a YEAR off from working out, I am finally getting back to the gym!  I'm going to get back to myself!!!  (More on my backstory later!)

My upper body is SO sore!!! My husband aka Personal Trainer aka Patrick kicked my ASS at the gym yesterday.  Well, technically, I guess he kicked my upper body.  My ass didn't really figure into things.  I managed 30 minutes on the elliptical, even though my feet were killing me and I was listening to this horrific singer on The Voice... I still kept at it.  Then Patrick put me through several upper body work outs.  I don't even know what exercises I did because I was just in the zone and doing whatever he told me to do:)  I am going to start keeping track on fitocracy, though.  I want to see how far I've come 30 days from now and 60 days from now and... well, you get the picture.

I am feeling SO motivated and excited, though. I have been looking at body transformation photos from women over 40 and I'm inspired. I spent every minute at the gym picturing the "after" photos, especially when it felt like I couldn't possibly do another rep and felt like my arms were going to give out.

I didn't sleep worth crap last night. I didn't even fall asleep until 3:30. I do not know what I'm going to do about my sleep issues. I was hoping that the Armour would help with that, as that seemed to be a symptom that got noticeably worse around the same time as all of my other thyriod symptoms. I think that once I can get over the alcohol not being my sleep aid, the healthy slow carb/no grains eating plan will help tremendously with that. I just need to get through these first weeks without killing anyone. 

Challenge accepted.

Now its time to gear up for day two... lower body and maybe some cardio?  I plan to finish with some Bedtime Yoga that I found on this youtube channel and hope it helps with sleep.




I'm going to start uploading my own videos soon.  I'll be vlogging and doing some cooking videos with clean recipes as well.  Let me know what you'd like to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment