Sunday, July 21, 2013

Putting The Power of Positive/Creative Visualization to Work

I have been thinking a lot about positive thinking, purposefully trying to change my attitude about my body, especially, but also in my life in general.

I'm going to work through the exercises in the book "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain by typing them up into a blog post once a week.  I am going to change my negative thought patterns around myself, my body, finances and health... and blog about it as I go.

First Assignment:  Figure Out What Your Goals Are (Write the first thing that comes to mind)

Career/Work:
Become a certified personal trainer
Sell my art

Money
Have more than enough to sustain our desired lives comfortably
Have abundant finances, allowing me to help friends and those in need

Lifestyle/Possessions
Own working vehicles and everything in our home and in our yard is working effectively and efficiently
Change morning and evening habits to include relaxation exercises (and cut out alcohol 5-6 nights a week)

Relationships
I will have an intimate, passionate, deeply loving relationship with my husband
I will have a close, deeply loving and respectful relationship with my children and their friends and partners. They will feel comfortable coming to me for advice on anything.

Creative Self Expression
I will create amazing works of art, the medium I choose will flow perfectly and make people feel wonderful and at peace when they look at them.
My house will be my colorful, peaceful and relaxing sanctuary for myself and my family.

Leisure/Travel
I will have a wonderful vacation alone with my husband on a beach in the perfect climate.
Our family will have an amazing fun and adventurous tropical vacation together.

Personal Growth/Education
I will learn/read/absorb everything I can about utilizing the powers of positive thinking, creative visualization and changing my mind and attitude towards things in life.
I will learn the best way to help myself and others to get in the healthiest state of our/their lives.

Phew!  That was actually kind of enlightening.  I really just wrote in a stream of consciousness and some of these things came out and I read it and thought, "Huh.  I didn't realize THAT would be my answer."  I set myself a limit/goal of two per category, but feel free to write whatever or however many you want.  Just type or write without thinking too hard... let it flow.

Share your goals in the comments if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment