Sunday, July 28, 2013

Outflow: Challenge of the Week: Uplifting Others

In the book "Creative Visualization" by Shakti Gawain, there is a chapter on "Outflow" where the reader is asked to put forth positive thoughts/actions/compliments to others.  So my challenge to you (and myself!) this week is to purposely seek out ways to compliment/uplift others.

Some things I thought I'd try:

  • Send a card to a friend for no reason other than to thank them for something that they've done for you or just because of their enduring friendship.
  • Give a stranger a compliment every day.  (I often THINK to do this, but then I hesitate or feel awkward.  I'm going to change that and give at least one stranger/compliment a day)
  • Giving my kids positive reinforcement/thank you for things that I have started to take for granted.  I am going to tell them something that I appreciate about who they are as a person and not JUST things that they've done.
  • Thank some of my online supporters personally and publicly/privately for being an encouragement/support.
  • Encourage my daughter and her husband by saying positive things about them and their relationship in their first year of marriage.
  • Encourage my kids friends
  • Post something encouraging about an online friend once each day.
  • Buy an inexpensive gift/gift card to send to someone for no particular event/reason.
AND, because learning to love myself is part of this whole process, I'm going to say something nice to myself every day as well.  

What are your ideas?
I'm sure I'll think of more to add to the list, but that's off the top of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment