Monday, August 12, 2013

Back to School: EASY Healthy Bulk Breakfast Burritos

From my old "Clean Eating" Blog... make these as "clean", as healthy, as filling as you want.  Use whole wheat, non whole wheat, gluten free or whatever wraps you want.  Sometimes we make bagels instead of burritos, but eggs and veggies make for a GREAT start to your morning!


We were going through the breakfast burritos at an amazing rate, so I found an even easier, faster way to make them... because you can count on me to constantly be on the look out for ways to make things more efficient so I have more time to be lazy:)



Baked Quiche Wraps!


Use whatever ingredients you like... for our Clean Eating Wraps, we like to use a variety of the following:
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Eggs
Spinach
Peppers (especialy red & yellow bell peppers for me!)
Sauteed Chicken
Onions (lots of onions!)
low fat cheeses

Not so Clean idea that my kids like, and helps extend the eggs are oven fries (cut really small).

Directions:

  • Sautee your choice of veggies and meats in a skillet with a little coconut oil.
  • Beat eggs in a separate bowl (I used 2 1/2 dozen for our pan, with LOTS of veggies)
  • Pour all ingredients into a 9x13 baking dish
  • Bake at 350 until done.  (Our 'new' oven is REALLY off temp, wise, so I'm really unsure of the time for a regular oven.  Probably 15-20 minutes?)


After the eggs cool (I just put them in the oven overnight), divide the pan into 16-18 servings.  I cut across the middle first, then in half the other direction... it makes it easier to get more even slices.


Lay out your tortillas with cheese and wrap.



Wrap each on with plastic wrap and you're ready to go!

I keep them in the fridge in a drawer and they're ready to go for my early morning husband and kids!

 What is your favorite easy-go to recipe?



No comments:

Post a Comment