Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Going Forward... the 2nd 12 Weeks of my transformation.

My 42nd birthday is July 23rd... I have Goals to reach by then!

That will be just a little bit past my second "12 Week" mark.  I have some goals that I want to meet, but mostly I want to make some new changes and habits.

During my first 12 weeks, I wanted to (A) Lose Fat & (B) Get Healthier.

I managed to:

  1. Stop drinking alcohol (once a month instead of every night)
  2. Stop eating grains (a 6 month goal, at which point I will gradually add them back in to see what/if anything bothers me digestive-wise)
  3. Eat "Clean" six days a week (The main change for ME: cut out grains, sugar & artificial sweeteners)
  4. Eat more protein
  5. Celebrate one cheat meal/day a week as I felt I needed it (sometimes I ended up with a day of noshing on this or that, but most often I had one treat for the day and that was plenty!)
  6. Workout with weights at least 4 days a week, usually 5-6
  7. Increase my strength a LOT!
  8. Start falling asleep by 10:00 instead of 1 or 2 am!!!  (this was HUGE!!!)
  9. Start taking my supplements & vitamins regularly
  10. accomplish a daily fitness/workout challenge every day each month
  11. I've lost 17 pounds, went from 41% body fat to 35.7% AND lost lost of inches (around 20)
  12. I have more energy, more focus and feel MUCH more comfortable in my own skin.
During my second 12 Weeks, I would like to add a few new habits:
  • Try carb cycling
  • Eat a LOT more fresh vegetables (spring is in the air!)
  • Add in Cardio three times a week (starting with SMALL doses with HIIT on the bike & elliptical)
  • Keep up the weight lifting, keep up the challenges and clean eating
  • Lose another 17-24 pounds of fat, get down to 30% body fat & lose more inches!!!
  • Find a better way to deal with stress
Non fitness related, but because I finally have energy and better focus:
  • Paint something each week
  • Work on my script formatting at least a few times a week
  • Do something special, specifically for my husband each week
  • Have a family dinner once a week
  • Spend time with the kids doing something physical at least weekly
I will also start posting my workouts here at least when they change. 





No comments:

Post a Comment